Saturday, November 5, 2011

My Breakfast Burrito with a Filipino flair



I love Saturday mornings. I can take my take to cook a
well thought-out breakfast without having to worry about
hushing kids to school or that I might be late
to jump on the morning rush traffic to make it to work in time.

This morning, I made Breakfast Burrito with a Filipino
flair for my kids. What makes it Filipino you might ask?
I used Longanisa, which is a sweet smoky flavored sausage
mainly found in the Philippines. You could use any smoky flavored
sausage or Chorizo I suppose. I also used garlic
fried rice which is common in Filipino breakfast.

Well, I hope you could try this out sometime.
Here's my recipe:

Servings: 4

Ingredients:

6 Longanisa Sausage cut across to make strips
2 peices of ham, chopped
2 cups cold left over rice
2 stalks spring onions chopped
1 tablespoon minced garlic
5 eggs
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Sour Cream
1 medium tomato cubed
4 flour tortillas
A jar of Salsa Sauce or Tabasco (optional)

Cooking Procedure:
1. Heat a wok pan, heat 2 teaspoons of cooking oil and
     saute garlic till light brown.
2. Stir fry the cold rice, add spring onions.
3. Set aside the fried rice in a plate.
4. Place eggs in a bowl, beat with a fork. Season with table salt.
5. In the same wok pan, heat 2 teaspoons of cooking oil
    and pour beaten egg mixture into pan.
6. Constantly stir the egg mixture with a fork or spatula to make scrambled eggs.
    Set the scrmbled eggs aside in a plate.

7. In the same wok pan, heat the flour tortilla on both sides one at a time.

8.  Transfer tortilla to a serving plate.
9. Assemble the Breakfast Burrito:
    a. First place 2 tablespoon on fried rice on the Tortilla.
    b. Place scrambled eggs on top of the rice followed by longanisa sausage and ham.
    c. Put a layer of chopped tomatoes on the Burrito.
    d. Put a layer of cheese followed by sour cream.

    e. Gently flap the sides of the Tortilla wrap to make a roll.
    f. You can sprinkle the Burrito with Tabasco Hot Sauce or Salsa

No comments:

Post a Comment