Sunday, November 20, 2011

Cooking comfort food for an Autumn night sleepover


Its a Sunday Autumn evening, and although I have work Monday, the following day, my eldest son Justin decided to have a sleepover with his friends at home or one of those late night stay-in house to play video games, watch videos in YouTube and everything else that teenagers like to do or play for their generation.

Its Thanksgiving Break after all and they don't have school for the week. I've grown accustomed to these kids' sleepovers through the years, and I've cooked my culinary creations for their sleepovers on numerous times.

My two other younger kids are at home as well.

So to cook up a special dinner for the occasion, I decided to do a rerun of that Bistek Tagalog with soy-lemon fried rice in a sizzling plate dish that I posted in an earlier blog entry.

This time I decided to pair the dish it with Chicken Sopas suitable for the colder weathers.
Nothing's more comforting than a warm soup on a cold Autumn or winter evening.

Try this combination out sometime specially that the colder months are upon us.


No comments:

Post a Comment